- 2-3 chicken breasts sliced thin
- 1/3 cup flour (can be gluten-free or cassava)
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite sauce
- 2-3 tbsp oil for the pan (Olive, Avocado, or Coconut Oil)
- 1 Bag Mozzarella cheese (can be dairy free, so they are like ½ lb)
- Pasta (We use rice pasta)
- Optional: grated parmesan for topping
The first step is getting the chicken prepped for baking. Add 1/3 cup of flour and salt and Pepper to taste in a bowl.
Coat each piece of chicken on all sides with the flour mixture and transfer to a plate.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite oil in a heated cast iron pan. We are just crisping up the flour here to give the chicken something to absorb that sauce with.
Add chicken into the pan without overcrowding. Flip after 3-5 minutes or once it's golden brown.
They should be partially cooked at this point.
While cooking the chicken, head to the counter and prepare the baking dish. Add your sauce into a 9.5x13 size pan. Add the cooked chicken to the dish, directly into the sauce, and cover completely. The last step is to sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. If you want to throw some parm cheese on there, you can also do this here.
Bake at 350 for 20 min!
While the chicken is baking, you can cook up your pasta.
Serve over pasta, and ENJOY!