Road Signs Forecast:
- Shipments for 2020 are projected to be 424,400 units, surpassing 2019 by 4.5%, despite a nearly two-month RV industry shutdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- First shipment forecast for 2021 is very strong at over 507,000 units, which would be the best year for the RV industry on measurable record.
- Intense consumer interest and strong RV sales are buoying the RV industry. This forecast confirms what we have been seeing across the country as people turn to RVs as a way to have the freedom to travel and experience an active outdoor lifestyle while also controlling their environment. And the trend is likely to continue.
- RV shipments are expected to surpass 400,000 wholesale units by the end of 2020 and see continued growth in 2021 to more than 500,000 units, according to the Fall 2020 RV Road Signs report prepared by ITR Economics for the RV Industry Association.
- The new projection sees total shipments ranging between 414,200 and 434,500 units with the most likely 2020 year-end total being 424,400 units. That total would represent a 4.5% gain over the 406,070 units shipped in 2019, overcoming a nearly two-month RV industry shutdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Initial estimates for 2021 have a range of 494,400 to 519,900 units with a most likely outcome of 507,200 units, a 19.5% increase over 2020. This would represent the best annual total on measurable record for the RV industry, eclipsing the 504,600 units shipped in 2017.
- Towable RV shipments are anticipated to reach 383,900 units in 2020 and 452,500 units in 2021. Motorhome shipments projected to finish at 40,500 units in 2020 and 54,7000 units in 2021.
- ITR Economics also reports that their system of leading economic indicators is rising, creating positive conditions for RV shipments to approach record levels.