RoadSigns* 2021 Forecast:
- Shipments for 2020 finished at 430,412 units, surpassing 2019 by 6%, despite a nearly two-month RV industry shutdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The latest projection shows total 2021 RV shipments ranging between 523,139 and 543,572 units with the most likely year-end total being 533,356 units. That total would represent a 23.9% increase over the 2020 year-end total of 430,412 units. It would also be a 5.7% gain over the current comparable record high of 504,600 units in 2017.
- Intense consumer interest and strong RV sales are buoying the RV industry. This forecast confirms what we have been seeing across the country as people turn to RVs as a way to have the freedom to travel and experience an active outdoor lifestyle while also controlling their environment. And the trend is likely to continue.
- According to ITR Economics, the strong forecast is attributable to three main factors: relief from supply constraints; OEM plans to expand capacity; and robust consumer demand outpacing very low inventory levels.
- ITR Economics also reports that their system of leading economic indicators is rising, creating positive conditions for RV shipments to approach record levels.
*The quarterly and annual shipment forecasts are prepared by ITR Economics for the RV Industry Association