- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5oz bourbon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 egg whites
1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks by hand or with sand mixer until they lighten in color. Slowly add in sugar and beat until dissolved.
2. In a medium pot, combine the milk, cream, and spices. Place pot over a campfire grill or over stove top on medium heat and stir frequently until it comes to a simmer.
3. One cup at a time, add the milk mixture to egg mixture, whisking quickly. Once all of the milk has been added, pour the mixture back into the pot and place back over heat. Wait until it thickens a bit more, then remove from heat.
4. Once removed from heat, stir in the bourbon. Once completely cool, cover the eggnog with plastic wrap and chill.
5. Once the mixture is chill, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Mix the egg whites into the rest of the mixture.
6. Serve the egg nog with an extra sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon if you wish. Can also add a cinnamon stick to each individual glass if desired.