Is there any food that says summer like a light pasta salad? Pasta salad travels well in a cooler or in the RV fridge and is easy to make ahead and pull out at the campsite when you’re ready for lunch! For a heartier meal, enjoy this as a side dish with your favorite meat cooked just the way you like it on the grill or over the campfire.
Summer Pasta Salad
- 2 c. Rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small package grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Black olives, as much as you like
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach, chopped
- Fresh alfalfa sprouts, as much as you like
- ½ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of one fresh lime or lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook Rotini pasta according to directions, strain, set aside to cool
In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, citrus juice, salt and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss all other ingredients, then add olive oil mixture to coat. Add cooled pasta, toss to coat. Refrigerate in a large ziploc bag or reusable container and enjoy within a few days!