- 2 cups of fresh cilantro (stems and leaves) about 1 large or 2 small bunches
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1/2 of a small red onion, peeled and cut into chunks or 1/4 medium
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, add the cilantro, garlic, onion, pepper, oregano, vinegar, fish sauce, and 1/2 of the olive oil. Alternatively, you can chop all the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. If chopping by hand, make sure you are chopping the ingredients finely.
- Pulse to mince the ingredients.
- Add the remaining olive oil and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover, and let it sit 20 minutes at room temp before serving.