If you’re looking for an easy and delicious Instant Pot shrimp recipe, you’ve come to the right place! This dish is perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. Shrimp and grits is a classic Southern dish that is sure to please everyone at your dinner table. Today we will show you how to make Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits in just minutes!
Reasons You’ll Love This
- Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for a weeknight meal.
- This dish is full of flavor and sure to please everyone at your dinner table.
- Instant Pot Shrimp and grits is a healthy recipe that is low in calories and fat.
- The faces your family will make when they bite into that tender shrimp over cheesy grits.
- There is no putzy “high pressure” or “natural release” with this recipe as you don’t even use the steam valve at all because there is no pressure cooking.
Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits
What is so classic about this dish? The combination of shrimp, grits, and a variety of spices creates a mouthwatering dish that will have you coming back for more.
It has its origins in the Southern United States and has become a popular dish in recent years. It is one of those easy recipes that have a fun twist on a classic southern recipe
This Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits recipe is the perfect way to enjoy this classic dish without all of the hassles of a long-time preparation. It is a modern twist that saves you a lot of time as it is pretty much a one-pot method.
What Kind of Grits Can You Use?
There are many different types of grits that you can use for this recipe. Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits are traditionally made with yellow grits, but you can also use white or even blue corn grits. Even cheese grits would be ok to use, and even instant grits, or white corn grits, as long as you cook them well enough so that they are creamy grits and ready to be the base of your dish.
Just be sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package of grits that you select. Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits is a quick and easy recipe, but you don’t want to overcook the grits.
How can you dress this recipe up a bit?
- If you are looking for ways to dress up your Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits, there are a few things that you can do.
- First, you can top it with some shredded cheese. This will give the dish a bit of extra flavor and creaminess.
- Second, you can add in a pound of andouille sausage. This will give the dish a bit of extra spice.
- Third, you can toss in some diced green bell pepper or red bell pepper. This will give the dish a bit of extra crunch and sweetness.
- Finally, add some hot sauce, white wine, or even crisp bacon. All these are great options, but feel free to get creative and add whatever you like!
How to Make Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits
Cook the grits per package directions using chicken broth instead of water to make them savorier. Cover that pot and set it aside.
- Make sure to devein and remove the tails from the shrimp before cooking
- You can use any type of sausage that you like in this recipe, but andouille sausage is traditional
- If you don’t have roasted garlic paste, you can use two cloves of minced garlic
- You can freeze Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits for up to two months
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make this in a regular skillet?
Yes, you can cook the shrimp in a skillet over medium heat on your stove instead of using the Instant Pot.
Q. What is the difference between Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits and regular shrimp and grits?
The main difference is that Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits are a quick and easy recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes.
Q: How do you store Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits?
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for up to two months.
Q: Can I use any type of sausage in Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits?
Yes, you can use any type of sausage that you like. However, andouille sausage is traditional.
Q: What can I serve with Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits?
This dish can be served with rice instead of grits. It is also delicious with a side of steamed vegetables or a simple salad.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits recipe! Happy cooking!
For more recipes and content from Dannelle Gay, visit her website.