- 1 chocolate cake mix + additional ingredients per directions
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup maraschino cherry juice
- Whipped cream, optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare the skillet with baking spray unless you are using seasoned cast iron.
- Prepare the cake batter as the directions on the box tell you to.
- Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water, chocolate syrup, and cherry juice. Set ¼ of this aside then pour the rest of it over the cake mix batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Scoop a generous amount onto a plate, spoon on more sauce if desired, serve and enjoy!