- Teardrop RVs are easy to take anywhere and are uninhibited by smaller roads that can be inaccessible for larger RVs.
- The compact size allows for easy storage as well as quick and simple setup.
- They are lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- There is no need to purchase a new car to tow a teardrop RV. The lighter weight allows for towing behind many typical family vehicles, including some small cars equipped with a hitch.
- A budget-friendly option for solo campers or couples who don't want to spend more on a motorized class B or want something more compact than a larger travel trailer.
The modern teardrop-shaped RV, compact in size, has traditionally been designed with a back section that curves downward to close into a point, giving the RV the recognizable shape. These small travel trailers can be pulled by the family car or a small SUV equipped with a hitch but have a basic kitchen, bathroom, and sleeping area. Many manufacturers are reimagining the teardrop concept and providing these smaller, more compact options for RVers but with a wider range of designs. Scroll down to see more of the possible features and amenities.Find a Dealer Find a Brand
Lounge, Cook, Sleep
The bench seating teardrop trailers is often used for couch space, seating for meals, and converts to a bed for sleeping. Basic kitchens are standard in teardrops.
Despite their exterior appearance, there is plenty of room to stretch out, cook, and sleep.
Typical Features & Amenities
Sign up to hear from a dealer in your area.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have never towed a vehicle before. How do I learn to do it?
It may seem intimidating to tow an RV for the first time but towing is a skill set like driving a car, riding a bike, or mastering anything you ever set out to learn. There are several ways that you can prepare but one of the easiest ways to learn is by contacting your local dealer. Many dealerships offer test drives and even offer classes on how to tow an RV. This article is also full of tips on how to get started.
How do I figure out the capacity of my tow vehicle and hitch?
When towing an RV, it is important to match the loaded weight of the RV to the towing capacity of the tow vehicle and this includes factoring in the added weight of the equipment you are bringing. Consult your dealer or owner’s manual for details and have the tow hitch professionally installed.
Do teardrop trailers have a toilet?
Many teardrop trailers have a sink, toilet, and shower but not all. It's important to work with your dealer to find the right teardrop that fits your needs. The larger teardrop trailers have full bathroom and showers.
Want to learn more?
Send us your email to get helpful tips and useful information from our partners.