Nothing says fall like a delicious, caramel apple. These treats are easy and fun to prepare, even the kids can get involved! With just three ingredients plus the toppings of your choice, you have a tasty, fall dessert that are sure to please. Here’s how to make caramel apples from your RV.
- 6-7 Granny Smith apples
- Wooden skewers or popsicle sticks
- 15oz of your favorite chewy caramel candies
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Toppings of choice
- Wash off your apples and dry them off completely. Stick your skewers into the center of each apple about halfway through.
- Prepare any toppings you will be using and have them set aside and ready. (You will want to coat the caramel apples in the toppings immediately so that the toppings stick)
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with the caramels and add the cream. Put the bowl in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out and stir, then place it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. You will need to do this a few times until the caramel is melted completely.
- Once the caramel is melted, take each apple and dip them fully into the caramel. Let the excess caramel drip off the apple back into the bowl, then dip your apple into the topping of your choice.
- Place the finished apple stick side up on a piece of parchment paper to cool. Repeat this process for each apple.
- Let the apples cool for 30-minutes in the fridge so that the caramel firms up. After that, take them out and enjoy!
- Crushed peanuts
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed toffee pieces