- Marble rye bread, 2 slices per sandwich
- Cheddar cheese slices, 1 per sandwich
- Swiss cheese slices, 1 per sandwich
- 1 package pre-cooked bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 onion, sautéed in butter and seasoned with pepper
- Pie Iron
Spray the pie iron with nonstick spray.
Place one piece of rye on the bottom section of the iron then layer on ingredients as follows: swiss cheese slice, sautéed onions, bacon, cheddar cheese slice, top piece of rye.
Close the pie iron and place it on heat source for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Open the pie iron, carefully remove the sandwich.