The only thing scary about these treats is how tasty they are! Rice Krispies treats are a classic, but why not spook them up a little bit for Halloween? The kids will love helping create this goolish assortment of gooey Rice Krispies treats. Here’s how to make them!
Spooky Rice Krispies Treats
- ¼ cup butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Candy eyes
- 1 pack of white chocolate melts
- 1 pack of chocolate melts
- Halloween cookie cutters
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add in the marshmallows and stir until fully melted.
- Once melted, remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and let cool.
- Once cool, use Halloween cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Once you have your cut shapes, place them on a piece of parchment paper for decorating.
- Melt the white chocolate and regular chocolate in the microwave in separate bowls according to instructions.
- Drizzle some of the Rice Krispie treats with the melted white chocolate in a zigzag pattern to look like a wrapped mummy.
- Take a toothpick and dab the backs of the candy eyes with the melted white chocolate and stick them to your rice Krispie creatures.
- For shapes like pumpkins, coffins, and other monsters, use a toothpick and dip into the melted regular chocolate and carefully use it to design the remaining treats. The creativity is up to you!
- Eat and enjoy!